WHAT’S COOKING IN OUR ARCHIVES! A TASTE OF THE PAST
Recipes for Your Holiday Table
The Museum’s Archives collection includes nearly 1,000 cookbooks and recipe pamphlets produced between the mid-18th and early 21st centuries. Appealing in more ways than one, the collection offers information about changing eating habits, social norms surrounding meals, the role of women in the family home, advertising, and the development of new culinary practices.
In this time of year, the Museum invites you to dive into its Archives collection to rediscover the tastes of yesteryear with recipes that will inspire your holiday menus! Share your holiday favourites on social media: #McCordStewartMuseum.
- Spirales dorée au fromage | See recipe
- Creamed Chestnut Soup | See recipe
- Christmas Cucumber Mould with Dill | See recipe
- Tourtières miniatures | See recipe
- Ragoût du jour de l’An | See recipe
- Saucisses cocktail fumées « au Porter » (chaud) | See recipe
- Riz à la crème « Molson » | See recipe
- Sandwichs roulés à la gelée | See recipe
- Bâtonnets à la mélasse | See recipe
- Biscuits napolitains | See recipe
- Gâteau Streusel aux cerises | See recipe
- Egg-nog Ice Cream | See recipe
- Chocolat au moka | See recipe
Not to be missed!
Multiple perspectives on Montreal’s social history and the Museum’s collections; behind-the-scenes access to the people who make it all work.Explore
Be an insider
Subscribe to our mailing list, and be the first to know about our exhibitions and activities.Subscribe now