ABOUT THE MUSEUM
Sustainable Development Process
The McCord Stewart Museum and its Foundation are fully committed to taking action on growing environmental issues, the challenges of inclusion and social justice, and the need to pursue decolonization. With the adoption of an updated and transformative vision for sustainable development, the Museum and its Foundation are ensuring they have the means to set the benchmark for museums, backed by their rigour, ingenuity and creativity.
Applying to all Museum and Foundation activities, the Sustainable Development Policy defines the nine guiding principles that underpin their approach to sustainability:
- Preservation and recognition of cultural heritage
- Inclusion and accessibility
- Social justice and equity
- Health and quality of life
- Environmental stewardship
- Creativity and innovation
- Sharing and transparency
The Policy has three main components, each of which corresponds to one or more strategies guided by general objectives. With support from the management team and the institution’s full range of services, a committee monitors and oversees the actions set out in a comprehensive plan of action:
- Incorporate the concept of sustainable development into all practices
- Report on the process and contribute to the promotion of sustainable development
SOCIAL AND CULTURAL RESPONSIBILITY
- Champion the Museum and Foundation values of inclusivity and social justice
- Minimize the environmental footprint of Museum and Foundation activities
The annual review will be available here in summer 2023.
The Museum and its Foundation are accompanied in this process by the Réseau des femmes en environnement, thanks to the support of the Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec (CDPQ) and the Fonds d’action québécois pour le développement durable (FAQDD). We would like to take this opportunity to thank them for their support!
Do you have questions?
For all questions about the McCord Stewart Museum and the McCord Museum Foundation sustainable development process, contact:
Head, Government and Institutional Relations
Project Manager, Exhibitions