Celebrate your kid’s birthday at the Museum
Hat Party is a special activity to celebrate your child’s birthday! Designed for ages 5 to 9, the event combines cultural discovery, creativity and entertainment.
Hat Party Program
- Let’s explore the Museum!
Joined by a member of the mediation team, children will come to the aid of a hat-maker as they search the Museum’s galleries for various headgear. Different shapes, textures and eras… and lots of discoveries! A fun exploration that will take you back in time to unpack the stories behind these objects!
- Let’s get creative!
Inspired by what they’ve learned, the children will embark on a creative workshop where they can let their imaginations run wild. They’ll have the chance to create their own custom party hat, adding a personal twist to their outfit. A fun activity in which each child creates a personalized souvenir.
- A little something sweet to celebrate!
To crown the day, there will be time to unwrap presents and share a cake, depending on the little surprises organized at the parents’ discretion.
- Designed for ages 5 to 9 available on Saturdays and Sundays between 10 a.m. and 5 p.m.
- Group: 12 children max, accompanied by 2 to 4 adults
- Length: 2h30 total including 15 minutes for welcome, 90 minutes of exploration + workshop, 45 minutes for a snack
- Price: $250, taxes included (includes the activity and the presence of a member of the mediation team)
- We also provide reusable tablecloths and dishes (on request)
Space limited: Book today!
Invite your friends with this pretty e-card! Simply fill it in, download it and email it to your guest list.
Payment and cancellation policy
- Payment must be made on reception of the invoice, prior to the activity. Cheque, credit card or bank transfer are accepted.
- No refunds will be accepted within 12 days of the event
- Decorations: Parents may bring their own decorations (banners, balloons, etc.), but these must be approved by the Museum at the time of booking.
- Food and drink: any snacks provided (cake, sweets, juice, etc.) are the parents’ responsibility. As part of its eco-friendly approach, the Museum offers reusable tableware (tablecloth, plates, forks, spoons, knives and glasses). A refrigerator is available for parents.
- As the Museum complies with current conservation standards, a number of rules must be observed on the premises during children’s parties. It is strictly forbidden to light candles, open pressurized bottles in the vicinity of exhibition areas, or use any object that creates smoke, steam, bubbles or foam. Confetti is also prohibited.
For more information, please contact:
Coordinator, Client Development and Group Reservations
514 861-6701, ext. 1207
Be an insider!
Subscribe to our newsletter to get the inside scoop on upcoming exhibitions and cultural events.Subscribe now
To come to the Museum downtown, privilege public transit and active transportation!Tips to go green