After Hours at the McCord
Thursday, November 21, 2019, 5 p.m. to 9 p.m.
Montreal Slow Fashion: Sustainable Style
Creative and eco-friendly, the Slow Fashion movement is all about natural colors, recycled fabrics and locally sourced fibres. For an evening, come celebrate sustainable style, swap clothing, share ideas and get inspired by local talent!
On the program:
- Slow Fashion Emerging Designer Show | Students from l’École de mode du Cégep Marie-Victorin unveil their recycled fur designs!
In collaboration with Ardene.
- DJ in partnership with Piknic Électronik
- Natural Dye Demo | Avocado pit, turmeric… learn the basics of using natural dyes with Atelier 1N and Centre de Design et Impression Textile.
- Recycled Fabric Workshop | Create an original work on paper by recycling fabric scraps with atelier retailles.
- Spinning Workshop | Learn the traditional technique for spinning linen paper with artist Mylène Boisvert.
- #MTLstyle Fashion and Environment | Quiz + photo booth: express yourself with Mmode.
- Clothing Swap | Join the sustainable style movement! Bring your clothes and leave with new items. Hosted by Shwap Club.
- Local Designer Pop-up Shops | Eliza Faulkner • Studio Once Again
- Ethical Closet & Local Design • Concept store | Station Service
- Second Hand Sale | Upcycli
Discover the new exhibition Jean-Claude Poitras: Fashion and Inspiration from an exclusive angle and dive into the creative world of the Montreal designer! Guided tours all evening long.
FREE FOR MUSEUM MEMBERS!
Reserve your spot. (Membership card mandatory). Drink not included.
GENERAL ADMISSION: $16 in advance / $20 on site
Tickets non-refundable. Drink not included.
Not yet a Young McCord Member? Join now!
Special rate $24 (Taxes not included): Become a Young McCord Member and get one free drink! Offer valid for the first 100 new Young McCord Members. May not be combined with any other discounts or offers. Tickets non-refundable.
Not to be missed!
Be an insider!
Subscribe to our newsletter to get the inside scoop on upcoming exhibitions and cultural events.Subscribe now
Become a Member
Enjoy unlimited access to the Museum, get 10% off all purchases at the Boutique and at the Café Notman, and much more!See memberships