Content in relation with the exhibition Indigenous Voices of Today
Go to the Encounter and Become an Ally of Indigenous Nations
The exhibition Indigenous Voices of Today: Knowledge, Trauma, Resilience invites the public to come and connect with Indigenous peoples and their points of view along a three-part journey shedding light on their still unrecognized knowledge, as well as the deep wounds they carry and their incredible resilience.
Through this permanent exhibition, the Museum seeks to encourage a meaningful encounter. Here are some suggestions and resources to guide exhibition visitors in their journey to becoming allies of Indigenous nations.
- Find out the names of the 11 Indigenous nations in Quebec, and learn to locate the territories with which they identify.
- Research the nation that occupies the territory where you live. Learn about its history and contemporary claims.
- Read or listen to the Truth and Reconciliation Commission report, and think about actions you can take in your daily life, workplace, school and community.
- Amplify Indigenous voices through your social media platforms. Show your solidarity publicly.
- Consume goods and services that benefit Indigenous artists and artisans.
- Learn to listen carefully and openly when Indigenous people talk about their past and current realities. Be curious without being intrusive.
- Leave your comfort zone by questioning your privileges, biases and prejudices. Take part in a more egalitarian distribution of power by accepting to lose these privileges.
- Take an interest in Indigenous languages. Learn some words of greeting and courtesy.
- Take on the role of a multiplier: learn about contemporary demands and share this information with your friends and family.
- Take part in a Pow Wow, a special time for nations to come together. Remember that you will be participating in a sacred celebration.
The 11 indigenous nations.
- Atikamekw Nehirowisiwok
Discover the exhibition through the eyes of our visitors. Narration in French and Innu by Joséphine Bacon: excerpts from videos featured in the exhibition.
Be an insider
Subscribe to our mailing list, and be the first to know about our exhibitions and activities.Subscribe now
Online Admission Desk
Avoid lineups and help us provide you with a safe visitor experience by buying your tickets!Buy your tickets