FIFA at the McCord Museum
Thursday, December 5, 2019 at 6 p.m.
Wapikoni mobile: Indigenous short films
The International Festival of Films on Art (FIFA) and the McCord Museum have organized a full program of documentaries on fashion, photography and artistic expression. There will be a screening with guests the last Thursday of each month. Mark it on your calendar!
Wapikoni Mobile: Special Screening
From its mobile studio, Wapikoni gives a voice to youth in Indigenous communities across Canada by helping them make films. FIFA and the McCord Museum have invited the organization to present a special program of short films directed by their participants on themes of photography, clothing and identity.
- Wearing my Culture (Je porte ma culture), 3min20, Kangirsuk, Olivia Lya Thomassie
- The Girl Behind the Camera, 5 min. 03, Fort Williams, Sarah McPherson
- Inuk Hunter, 4 min. 05, Kuujjuaq, George Annanack
- Ma fierté (My Pride), 3 min. 53, Pessamit, Kassandra Vollant
- O, 6 min. 59, Montréal, Mélissa Mollen Dupuis
- Vivre comme Anna, 5 min. 21, Pikogan, Équipe du Wapikoni et Mélanie Kistabish
- Wamin (La pomme | The Apple), 2 min. 43, Montreal, Katherine Nequado
- L’œil curieux, 4 min. 33, Mashteuiatsh, Mendy Bossum Launière
- More Than A Stereotype (Plus qu’un stéréotype), 3 min. 44, Clearwater River, Sinay Kennedy
- Two Thrown Stones, 5 min. 24, Pelican Narrows, Amelia Ballantyne
- Zuya (Tracer son chemin | The Journey), 6 min., Stoney, Ariel Waskewitch
- Healing Journey One Button At A Time, 4 min. 30, Vancouver, Joleen Mitton
- NIMISINAPISKIKAN (Je prends des photos), 4 min. 14, Opitciwan, Nicolas Awashish
- Kanockatonanok (Croiser quelqu’un | Crossing Paths), 5 min. 20, Opticiwan, Nicolas Jimy Awashish
- Walk with my Spirits (Mes esprits et moi), 4 min. 43, Vancouver, Tyler Jacobs
- MITSHISHUSS (Petit aigle | Little Eagle), 2 min. 20, Uashat Mak Mani-Utenam, Christopher Grégoire-Gabriel
FIFA at the McCord Museum
There will be a screening with guests the last Thursday of each month. Mark it on your calendar!
See the program
Special screening of short films totalling around 60 minutes.
Free activity, seating is limited.
Location: J.A. Bombardier Theatre, McCord Museum
Member privilege: Reserve your seat!
Museum Members can make reservations for activities. They also have unlimited free access to the McCord Museum, Stewart Museum, and a host of other privileges. Become a Member today!
Not to be missed!
Be an insider
Subscribe to our mailing list, and be the first to know about our exhibitions and activities.Subscribe now
Members benefit from unlimited free access to the exhibitions, activities, and many more privileges.Become a Member now